Friday, April 23, 2010

My Take on Super Street Fighter IV in the Arcades

2600 here, in keeping with the Street Fighter theme, I am posting a link to an article I wrote for Video Game Trader Magazine. I can safely say I am one of the few that are a bit pessimistic about Super Street Fighter IV going to the arcades. In the article I stressed my concerns not from the gamer perspective, but rather from the arcade operator perspective. Being that I am currently in the process of starting up an arcade (working through local legislation in my town and securing a space for said arcade), I had a rather different opinion on the arcade release date of SSFIV being after the console release. As Sarge put it, "the consoles have caught up to the arcade." Of course, like I mentioned in the end of the article, this can all be remedied through a low cost expansion/upgrade for the operators who previously own Street Fighter IV. To read the article, click on the link below:

No comments:

Post a Comment