Monday, May 23, 2011

Rolling Stones NYC Launch Party!


Hey everybody, sorry this video took so long to get finished. As I've said I'm new to the realm of video editing and trying to find the right version to make videos in has been a pain in the ass. I was trying to make super high quality MP4 videos but trying to convert the video would cause Vegas to crash. I've decided on keeping the videos in WMV format, so it keeps the file small and I can upload the videos to other sites like Blip.

The launch party event was a lot of fun. It was my first for a new pinball game. I loved being one of the first few people to get a crack at the new game. (Even before Mic Jagger!) As I say in the video, the last "new" Stern pin I played was Big Buck Hunter and I hated the machine I played of it. The ball times were way too quick and it just felt cheap with ONE ramp and the deer where the ball would get stuck along the track. I understand that Stern wants to catch people with the game people play (BBH makes TONS of money) and they want games that people can get into, but have it hard to master. With Iron Man and BBH, the ball moves at lighting fast speed. I've been playing pinball since I was four and I'm not the best player of the bunch, but I still enjoy playing it. If I was a newbie and played either Iron Man or BBH, I'd get frustrated by the first ball and not play it again.

Thankfully with The Rolling Stones the game is more forgiving. The ball times are a lot longer, but not by much and there's a lot of stuff to do. The "Mic on a Stick" is a fun toy and it's hard not to chuckle at it while he's strutting his stuff. Sometimes he can be your best friend, or worst enemy. I've had him knock a ball to the side because it was going straight down the middle, and other times he'll try to block a shot if your going for a mode. There's also a ton of music in the game, from classics like Start Me Up, Love Is Strong and Mixed Emotions the game has a ton of the bands classic tracks.

It's well worth checking out if you see one in your travels. I only wish that Stern would have a New York City spot for their upcoming Tron pinball machine. Whenever I see it I will be sure to bring you a video of it. Till then, enjoy the video and sorry that it took so long to finally finish it!

No comments:

Post a Comment