Saturday, May 18, 2013

Skit-B Pinball's Predator Prototype



One of the other new games to check out at the Allentown Pinfest was Skit-B Pinball's new Predator pinball machine. The guys at Skit-B have been working on this game for a while now and they've been documenting their progress of making the game on their website and YouTube channel. http://www.skitbpinball.com/

However at the Allentown Pinfest it was the very first time the game was show off with it's new playfield artwork. I have to say it looks really nice. It feels like if they made it back in the 80's, no cut and paste Photoshop here folks. Real honest to goodness artwork. Sadly I didn't get the flipper portion of the playfield that has the Predator holding a bloody skull which looked really cool. As you can see from the video it's still a prototype. There's a shot on the far right side of the table were the ball doesn't roll in all the way if you don't hit it just right. I had to shake the table so the ball would go back down.

Sadly I wasn't able to play a game with the team members. I had wanted to record as soon as I got there on Friday after they set up but I guess they were trying to enjoy the rest of the show. The only thing I could show off on the current version of the table was one of the game's "Hunts". The machine has four flipper buttons. The two other buttons will start "Hunt Mode" if press it while the ball's in play. The whole machine turns blue and you have to hit a shot followed by another to a flashing target. Surprisingly I was able to pull that off on camera as you can see at the end of the video.

The other thing I've noticed that's different on this version of the prototype is the new plastic ramps they have installed. If you look at some of the first versions of the game they used darker colored plastic so it got hard to see the ball when it went underneath the ramp. They put in a new clear plastic and it's much easier to see where the ball is going.

Hope you enjoyed this early look at Predator. Check the Skit-B guy's out on their website. I can't wait to play this again when they get it finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment