Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Stern's Star Trek Version 1.4



Hey folks! Nick back with another video I shot while I visited Modern Pinball NYC, which will be hosting the New York Mustang Pinball Launch Party on Friday. (I'm debating on going, just because it's really crowded and you're lucky if you get two games in.)

One of the games I had to check out was Star Trek. When I first played the game it had just come in and it was on VERY early software, then a week later it got an update. Thus making the video totally out of date. (just like the current Mustang video) This video is of the game's most current code, Version 1.4. Stern is still teasing their Star Trek "Power Pack Update" that adds in Karl Urban as Bones as well as an overhaul to the game's already deep rule set.

I was able to progress pretty far in the video. I was able to make it up to the Kobayahi Maru Multiball Wizard Mode, but bricked it and got into two modes of the USS Vengeance. Getting the timing down on the upper Warp Ramp is still a challenge for me. I've seen tons of people who can loop it for days but I'm lucky if I can get four or five shots on it.

As always whenever Stern releases an update we'll be sure to bring you an updated video!

No comments:

Post a Comment