Friday, August 21, 2009

Save The Arcades!

I saw this link on IGN before I left to go to PAPA with 2600 and I meant to post it here, so better late then never I say. Stride Gum is sponsoring a contest called "Save The Arcades" where four deserving arcades are up for a $25,000 cash prize to help keep them going. One of the arcades we visited in Pennsylvania, Challenge Arcade was saved by Stride a few months ago. I'm glad to see they helped out the owner Joe, but I really wish he wasn't in such a tight spot. It's a real shame because I really love his arcade and it brings me back to the days of playing at the local mall arcade with my dad holding me up to a machine.

Save The Arcades!

Even Zachary Quinto from the new Star Trek film and Heroes has lent his support and you can see some shots of him from this site, here.

Help Spock save the arcades!

Also a bit of news on the home gaming front. It's been rumored for a while but now it looks like the rumors will be true. The Williams Pinball Collection for the Xbox 360 and PS3 will be including three new games that weren't featured in the previous versions, they are....

Arabian Nights
No Good Gofers!
and....
Medieval Madness

Plus now all of the achievements will count now to your gamerscore and this will be one to pick up. I really hope this is a good seller. I would love to see Crave put out another sequel to this game or maybe branch off for some Bally classics, because I'd love to see Attack From Mars get the same treatment.

Well, that's it for today. Tomorrow I'll have an old video I shot last year, by special request.

No comments:

Post a Comment