Sunday, January 2, 2011

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 iPhone/iPod Touch Review


Happy 2011 everybody! Hope you all had a happy and safe one.

Here is the review I did of Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 on my iPod Touch. Just to let you know, I shot this using the webcam I received as a gift, and this might be the last time I use it. I really want to know what the point is of being able to shoot in 720p HD if the camera can't capture motion. Even when I did the Tron Legacy review it was stuttering. It's a shame because I like how I can angle the camera on the desk right to my hands to get videos of it. I'm going to look for a better alternative for future videos. So just so you know the game isn't that choppy when you play it.

With UMK3 on the iOs (I think that's how they say it for both platforms) the game runs pretty smooth and I'm one of the few people that like the new 3D rendered characters. Although the fatalities look less violent. I do like how they simplified the controls so you can play it with your thumb. Unless they come out with that game pad attachment I wouldn't recommend using the classic six button layout. I wouldn't even want to try to do Sub-Zero's Ice Slide while trying to hold the touch at the same time. Other then that it's a decent entry and really cool to be playing it on what's pretty much a phone/MP3 player.

So enjoy today's review and keep checking back in for future updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment