Thursday, July 21, 2011

Street Fighter X Tekken and MK9 News from Comic-Con



Hot off the heels of the Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 news comes brand new character announcements for both Street Fighter X Tekken and Mortal Kombat 9. Hit the jump for more!


So you can see after so many people spammed Capcom, Poison is joining Street Fighter X Tekken along with the big man himself, Hugo. The trailer also has Guy and Cody (Please get him out of the prison jumpsuit) but some eagle eyed fans have spotted messages on the neon signs in the background of the trailer including the Shadowloo logo and one that says "Watch out Sodom is behind you" so could Sodom join the ranks as well? Unfortunately I wanted to put in another trailer I found this morning that had more gameplay of some of the newly added fighters including Poison but Capcom took them down. Here's one I was able to find that shows off Tekken's Steve Fox and Yoshimitsu.



There is also mixed reports coming out from Capcom saying that they have announced a new game in the Darkstalkers series. G4 has a report on their site, but they've since updated it with somebody from Capcom saying they didn't announce it. Go figure. I wish there was more proof and less rumor, but I hope we'll see them make a comeback.

Namco has also announced new fighters for Soul Calibur V and they have a demo of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 which looks amazing. I can't wait to get my hands on it. I'm planning on having a team of Bob and Bryan, who are you looking forward too?

Finally I want to leave you with the trailer for the fourth DLC character for Mortal Kombat 9. Many people had speculated that it was going to be Fujin or Shinock, well it turns out it's not even a character from the Mortal Kombat universe! One, two Freddy's coming for you....



Yes, friggen Freddy Krueger is coming to Mortal Kombat! I'm a little pissed that they went with the reboot version of Freddy and not the classic version from the 80's, but I'm going to have fun dragging people into hell spewing out a fountain of blood like Johnny Depp! Can't wait to check him out when he's released on August 9th!

No comments:

Post a Comment