Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3



Well if you didn't think that Capcom was going to issue an update to a fighting game, then you'd be wrong. Today Capcom officially released the trailer and gameplay videos of Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3. (What's with all the 3rd games having "Ultimate" updates eh?"

Here's the official press release with all the details.


GAMEPLAY OVERVIEW

The epic rematch looms in the distance as Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 prepares to take the battle to all-new heights. With new iconic characters from the Marvel and Capcom universes, 48 characters on disc, a refined fighting system and new modes, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 continues the Capcom fighting game legacy when it releases this November for the low MSRP of $39.99.

FEATURES

• The Ultimate Roster – Twelve new legends from Marvel and Capcom join the fray, bringing the roster of characters on the disc up to 48, and a total of 50 with DLC.
• More Legends – : Includes some of the most iconic and celebrated characters from the Marvel and Capcom universes, including Strider and Firebrand from the Capcom side and Ghost Rider and Hawkeye from the Marvel universe.
• Newly Balanced – Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 offers re-balanced gameplay that will provide accessible depth for both newcomers and pros alike.
• Enhanced Modes – After many fan requests, Spectator mode is now available as part of an overall improved online experience along with other new modes and enhancements.
•Low Price – The ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom experience can be had at a low MSRP of $39.99.


So just like Super Street Fighter IV they will sell it at a lower price and have more of what everybody wants. What shocked the hell out of me is that all in the same day the ENTIRE list of new characters leaked along with the artwork for each character. So here's the list of the 12 new characters.

Marvel

Ghost Rider
Hawkeye
Doctor Strange
Nova
Iron Fist
Rocket Raccoon

Capcom

Strider Hiryu
Firebrand (Red Arremer)
Frank West
Nemesis
Phoenix Wright
Vergil


Naturally not everybody is happy with the new batch of characters. Mostly Mega Man fans hoping the Blue Bomber would be in it in one shape or form. The big rumor was that Mega Man X would be included since it was never in a fighter ended up being left in the dust. I had thought that Doctor Octopus was going to be on the Marvel since it was rumored he was listed in the character data, same with Johnny Storm AKA The Human Torch. Since I'm not much of a comic book fan I have no idea who the Rocket Raccoon is, but I take that this is their answer from all of the Howard the Duck rumors they had.

What do I think about this? At first I was a little pissed. It hasn't even been a year and here we go with a whole new 40 dollar update and the old version is better off used as a drink coaster. I think what Maximilian said on his "Online Warrior" show on YouTube said was true about the DLC characters not selling well (Even though I got Shuma) so they went with a new addition. For me, I want to see how the game is going to be balanced. I'm not too fond of the X-Factor system, I understand why it's there for players to have a comeback, but that's just the nature of Marvel, they go fast and quick. From the gameplay videos it seems that you can use it in the air now, but it doesn't seem to do as much damage as it used too. I'll wait and see what Capcom says at their Comic-Con panel this weekend.

What I really want to see is the online to be fixed. I want to play against people and not have it run like a slideshow. I want to be able to connect to people quick, not to be told that I can't find anybody online at all to play with. The online in MvC3 was a joke, it was rushed out and was horrible. Their touting that it will have a Spectator Mode where you can watch the fight rather then watching people's cards bump into each other, but I want a guarantee that the online works this time. I loved when they asked about the netcode in the first game and the producer said they usual, it works great and even think he said it was "lightning quick!" meanwhile if I put the fight request feature on I can play through the whole game and not fight against anybody.

I'm tempted to preorder it, from Amazon for the costume pack that has Strider's 8 Bit costume, but if they fall on their face and the online can't connect to people a state or two away from me with input lag, then I'm going to be very upset. I guess we'll wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment