Sunday, January 8, 2012

AC/DC Pinball Teaser



Here's the teaser trailer for Stern's new AC/DC Pinball machine. It's been rumored for months that this game was coming and now we've got the set list. Of course, just like the first Transformers teaser, no picture of the actual machine itself. So I guess we'll have to wait and see about what the game will look like. I've been hearing rumors it's going to be a multi-level machine like Black Hole, but considering on how Stern has been leaving a lot of features out of their normal "Pro" models, I doubt they would have that. They also list Limited Edition and now a "Premium"version. As I've stated before I am not a fan of the multiple models of machines because 99% of the time if you find one in the wild it's going to be a pro model, as the others are taken from collectors.

The other problem I have is that this game has 12 songs from the band, which is a lot more then The Rolling Stones had. But what really gets my goat is that they were able to get 12 songs from AC/DC but if you look at what happened to Tron, they were only able to get THREE tracks.... Since I loved Daft Punk's score of Tron Legacy I was really hoping to hear a lot of Daft Punk and quotes from the characters in the movies. So we only got three songs and half the characters.

::RANT MODE OFF::

Well, as always we'll keep you posted on any new news on AC/DC and also on Jersey Jack's Wizard of Oz and whenever we hear about Stern's new Avengers game.

Update!!

Well, that didn't take very long. Today (Monday January 9th) Stern Pinball put up pictures of the Pro model up on their website. Judging by the pictures, what I said above is 100% true. The Pro playfield lacks the mini playfield that would go in the middle. What's left there is....well you should click and judge for yourself. Thanks to the folks over at Pinball News for having them up!

AC/DC Pro Model Pictures.

What do you think of the new game? Sound off below!

No comments:

Post a Comment