Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Deadly Bison Interviews The New Manager of CTF



Hey kids, Nick once again with a new interview that just went up on Deadly Bison's channel over on YouTube a few days ago. Big thanks once again to JC for letting me know about this. Deadly Bison was able to get an interview with the new manager of CTF, Lonnie and he talks about bringing back some of the classic fighting games as well as some new games.

I'll admit I came off way too harsh in my last post. After reading a lot of comments online about how the fighting game community, "FGC" and how they helped contribute to Chinatown Fair closing, I totally agree. It's actually something I've spoken with Gary at FunSpot often. While CTF was the place to go for fighting games if you weren't really into fighters or had kids you wouldn't want to bring your kids to Chinatown Fair. Ask anybody that went to Chinatown Fair and they'll tell you about the rough crowds that would go. Even Justin Wong told me a couple of stories about how bad the place got some days. So trying to focus more on stuff everybody can play rather then just cater to the FGC will work out better for them in the long run.

Lonnie started up a new website for the arcade and you can find it at ChinaTownFair.biz. The site mostly has photos of games that are and will be in the arcade so they do show Tekken 6, Street Fighter III Third Strike and a four slot Neo-Geo MVS unit, which I'm glad to see back.

So if you're in the city, make sure to stop on by and check em' out.

No comments:

Post a Comment