Sunday, December 7, 2014

Ralph Baer 1922-2014

http://www.examiner.com/article/ralph-h-baer-father-of-video-games-passes-away-at-92


We just got word today that one of the founding fathers of video games, Ralph H. Baer passed away today at the age of 92. I was lucky enough to meet him twice. The one shown above was taken at the 9th Annual FunSpot tournament where I got him to autograph my original Simon I've had since I was a kid. I also met him at one of the early Philly Classic conventions where I got his book all about his prototypes of what would become the Odyssey. 

His memory will live on at ACAM at FunSpot where they just got a replica of the Brown Box as well as an early light gun prototype that used NERF balls you could throw at the screen to score points. We wish his family the best at this time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment