Wednesday, September 11, 2013

John's Home Gameroom Tour



While I usually object to doing tours of people's personal arcades this one was too good not to share. As I've stated before I'm a member of the Long Island Arcade Club. A few weeks ago my friend Brendan sold a game to another collector on the Island here named John. John has been collecting arcade game for years and thought he was the only one who was into classic arcade games. This past Saturday a few of us were invited to check out his amazing collection of games. The downstairs part is games he just got in. Some game's he's in the middle of trying to repair.

The upstairs area is a gameroom he had custom built. Inside you'll find over 100 different games from the 70's, 80's and 90's. John was telling me the first game he ever got was his Data East Gate of Doom which I never played before. He was also telling me his other friends and co-workers don't really care much for the arcade games and they much rather play a game of poker or pool so the games are rarely ever all on. I had a blast and I really gotta thank John once again for having us over. Anytime you can be invited into a place that has classics from Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, Sinistar to Cabal, you know you're in a good place. Hope you all enjoyed the look at this amazing collection of games!

No comments:

Post a Comment